Chevy Chase Contractors Inc. is one of the leading companies for commercial concrete work in the Washington, DC area. We are hiring a Safety Manager professional to join our team.
Responsibilities for Safety Manager
• Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures; enforce company policies and procedures.
• Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines
• Conduct accident prevention training and health and safety training
• Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions
• Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies
• Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents
• Stop operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment
• Handle worker’s compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
• Suggest solutions, improvements and prevention steps for safety issues
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules.
• Drive to jobsites to inspect conditions at site, provide guidance to staff, and meet with Owner/General Contractor/Safety Personnel regarding work being performed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Safety Manager
• Certified in risk management and health/safety management
• Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines (Federal and State)
• Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
• Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
• Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
• Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
• Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
Education and Experience
• At least 3 years of safety experience
• Advanced safety training or certification
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Salary will depend on experience.
Qualified employees receive paid Vacation, Sick leave, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K & supplemental insurance options.
If interested in applying, please send resume to email@example.com
8750 Brookville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910