Bilingual Safety & Quality is looking for candidates for a yearlong project in the greater Washington DC area.
- Manage & lead the safety team with auditing of all processes, documents, and operations with regards to Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance.
- Monitor, report, benchmark, and trend safety data; conduct root cause and other analysis to reduce incidents; establish metrics and report results to management monthly and provide appropriate feedback and results to senior management
- Establish and promote safety and health policies and best practices to reduce losses and liabilities
- 5 years of experience with a roofing company or supplier with extensive knowledge of roofing techniques and associated safety standards.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training ability
- Safety Engineer preferred
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess an amiable personality with the communication & writing skills necessary to interface with various people daily.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Communicating in a way to convey information effectively, understand points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- The candidate must be able to teach others, persuade others to change minds or behavior, and actively look for ways to help people.
- of OSHA, Occupational Safety Health Administration Regulations
- Engage in and organize OSHA safety meetings, spot inspections, and hands-on re-training as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- C.S.A or equivalent Safety Certification
- 5+ years of safety in the roofing industry
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral
- Problem resolution skills
- Computer skills (Internet, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, ELD Software, CSA/SMS Software)
- Strong Organizational Skills
- OSHA Awareness
- Proficiency in Spanish recommended
Salary $75 per hour minimum 40-hour week, overtime likely. Per diem available.
To apply forward resumes to
Brad S. Qualls C.S.P.
Bilingual Safety and Quality