ERG has an opening for a bright, motivated industrial hygienist to support a federal agency client in Washington, DC. ERG is a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in occupational safety and health (OSH), environmental science and engineering, economics, risk assessment, information technology, facility management, and training, communications and outreach.
Provide a wide-range of industrial hygiene and safety support to government clients in all aspects of OSH program development and implementation. Typical support may include:
- Prepare hazard evaluations and risk assessments to characterize workplace hazards and identify and track the implementation of controls.
- Research and evaluate OSH topics and develop related programs, guidance, and outreach materials.
- Refine and implement COVID-19 guidance and assist clients with addressing other emerging OSH issues.
- Develop and present safety and health training on a wide range of OSH topics (e.g., Hazcom, laboratory safety, warehouse safety, field safety).
- Plan, coordinate, and perform industrial hygiene monitoring to assess worker exposures.
- Conduct workplace inspections and program assessments of client facilities (offices, warehouses, mechanical areas).
- Lead routine safety committee meetings.
- Collect, compile, and evaluate health and safety performance data and develop strategies for program improvement.
- Assist clients in evaluating and responding to safety and health concerns (indoor air quality, ergonomics).
- A B.S. degreee in Industrial Hygiene or a related science or engineering field
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, writing, research, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Ideal candidates will also have:
- CIH certification from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
- Federal government consulting experience.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. ERG is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations.
Please apply at https://www.erg.com/jobs (click on the job listing “Senior Industrial Hygienist” for the Arlington, VA area to apply online). No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.