The Senior Safety Manager administers the safety program and serves as safety advisor, ensuring safety compliance by the project team and all employees and subcontractors working at the site.
- Support all safety efforts on the project and promote the Gilbane Cares safety culture
- Ensure contractor activities are preplanned for safety through scope review, preconstruction meetings, JHA review, STAs, etc.
- Ensure contractors meet Gilbane safety submittal requirements
- Maintain all safety related documentation
- Ensure contractor compliance with Gilbane safety plan & expectations
- Make recommendations concerning situations hazardous to employee safety or health
- Utilize SafetyNet to Audit and monitor project team implementation of the Safety Plan
- Perform at least 15 SafetyNet inspections/month with at least 100 observations each inspection.
- Coach project teams in effective hazard identification and correction of issues using SafetyNet
- Provide and analyze SafetyNet trending reports with project team and develop action plans
- Provide safety training to project teams on Gilbane, client and OSHA requirements
- Investigate all accidents/near misses and complete all paperwork required
- Serve as project liaison and manage project correspondence with Insurance carriers
- Responsible for development and supervision of project safety managers
- Ensure project teams have safety equipment and resources
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively – Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- BCSP credential
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Certified as an OSHA 500 Trainer
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction safety and health principles, techniques, methods, regulations, and interpretations
- Practical knowledge of OSHA laws, regulations and policies
- Capable of identifying current and future potential exposures and recommending corrective action
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Developed management, leadership and interpersonal skills
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.