Full time position at a Federal facility in Rockville, MD and visits to DC facilities
BSc Degree (preferably in biology, chemistry, environmental science)
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- AHERA Supervisor
- AHERA Inspector/Management Planner
- Collection & Analysis of Asbestos Air Samples (NIOSH 582 Equivalent)
- Lead Paint Inspector / Risk Assessor
- OSHA 30-hr Construction safety
- At least four years of experience in the field of industrial hygiene to include general hygiene, training program development, delivery of training, asbestos, indoor air quality, epidemiology, safety, hazard communication.
- Knowledge of occupational health services and an understanding of the goals of a comprehensive occupational health program.
- Assist the Industrial Hygiene Program Manager in performing environmental health/industrial hygiene investigations, studies, and evaluations
- Perform environmental sampling, to include air and water; and sample analyses,
- Conduct employee interviews, administering questionnaires;
- Compare results to current standards or criteria;
- Provide concise, cost effective, and health protective recommendations that address deficiencies or problems observed or noted in investigations, studies, and evaluations.
- Perform quality assurance activities related to environmental health/industrial hygiene investigations, studies, and evaluations, which may include:
- Calibrating industrial hygiene instrumentation;
- Using appropriate sampling techniques, analytical standards, and blanks.
- Provide consultation to federal employees (communicate findings of surveys, provide training and education to Federal employees, including the preparation of training manuals and other training materials.