We are a well-established civil utility construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland. We are seeking a well-qualified and experienced Construction Safety-QA/QC Coordinator to join our team. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume through our career site at www.bfjoy.com – no phone calls, please.
Essential Job Functions: (some of these responsibilities will be working in conjunction with, or under the supervision of, the company Safety Manager:
- Perform field safety audits to ensure employees are compliant with company policies, practices, and performance
- Ownership of leading and coordinating activities and initiatives of the Safety Committee
- Maintain OSHA certification as an approved OSHA Instructor
- Participate in the development/enhancement and promotion of company’s safety and health programs
- Contribute to the annual reassessment of Companies OSHA and EM385 programs to modify based on new and emerging information that impacts the field operations
- Participate in the Production Safety Awards program.
- Participate in submission for (external) Safety Award and Recognition projects
- Participate in maintaining accurate records and implement proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, workers compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting
- Maintain methods and procedures to maintain awareness and ensure compliance in the regulatory environment and ensure company is on the leading edge of issues
- Report to proper authority as required for all general liability, workers compensation, auto liability and OSHA incidents tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and insure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim’s management
- Involved as necessary for safety training both internal and external to include developing annual training schedules for all required employees and will be an instructor for much of the internal training sessions
- May act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders
- Manage restricted and modified return to work for employees and coordinate with insurance company, human resources and employee
- Prepare written audit reports for management
- Perform submittal review and approval
- Monitor labor and safety requirements
- Complete written inspection reports for every inspection
- Track and report inspection activities ensuring customer compliance
- Develop adequate quality documentation/procedures for Safety/QAQC (SOP’s)
- Evaluate current and develop new processes as it relates to quality control and make necessary recommendations for improvement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in safety inspections on civil utility construction sites (gas, electric, water, storm, sewer)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing civil construction work (tradesman/supervisor)
- Degree in safety or equivalent experience
- Current OSHA 500 certification
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general scope and level of work for this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required, and other job- related duties may be assigned.
We offer YOU:
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Excellent comprehensive employee benefits – to include attractive insurance coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- supplemental insurance, EAP, FSA, PTO (vacation, sick, paid holidays) and 401(k).
- Professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.