Experienced Loss Control Representative – Virginia
Acuity, a top employer in the nation, seeks a Loss Control Representative to conduct surveys and prepare survey reports for the Commercial Underwriting Department. This individual will provide loss control assistance and advice to policyholders and agents. In addition, the Loss Control Representative will make recommendations to reduce the severity and frequency of loss exposures at insured accounts. They also assist in creating and implementing custom safety and training programs for service accounts. The loss control representative will operate throughout the state of Virginia.
- Collects appropriate information on prospects and policyholders regarding the degree to which they conform to company underwriting standards. This process includes a thorough review of operations, analysis of loss history, analysis of hazards and controls, and recognition of key risk differential features.
- Prepares objective written reports evaluating and grading accounts in comparison to other like businesses.
- Meets productivity goals per company standards and completes survey reports within 5 working days of survey.
- Conducts regular service calls to assist policyholders with their loss control efforts by helping them establish effective hazard controls. Submits recommendations for account improvement conforming to company and applicable consensus standards.
- Utilizes technical references such as NFPA, OSHA, DOT, and NIOSH.
- Studies safety magazines, publications, and company distributed directives.
- Assists in safety meetings and/or supervisory training sessions at policyholder’s locations.
- Maintains contacts with agency personnel in their territory.
- Expand technical knowledge and stay current on industry topics through self-study and professional safety and loss control organizations
- Maintains valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle record and be available to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional travel to other territories as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A college degree from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Science or other acceptable curriculum or equivalent.
Ten years experience in loss control with a multi-line insurance company.
- Ability to work well with policyholders, prospects, agents, and company personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have functional PC skills.
ACUITY PROVIDED EQUIPMENT:
- Digital camera
- Hard Hat
- Safety glasses
- Measuring wheel
- Various company assigned resource or reference materials
- Notebook PC, software and accessories
- 4-in-1 printer/scanner/fax/copy machine
- Company car
- iPhone and iPad
Contact information: Tim Muldoon email@example.com
Careers page: https://www.acuity.com/about/careers