Cardno is seeking a qualified Lead Safety and Environmental Compliance Specialist for a USAID-funded project in SE Asia (Vietnam).
The Lead Safety and Environmental Compliance Specialist will serve as the local expert in site safety and monitoring in conformance with approved project documents and objectives.
S/he will work closely with the government in developing and implementing this component of the project. Serve as an expert on toxic substances/hazardous waste remediation matters, providing expert counsel and advice on environmental remediation impacts, cleanup standards and technology.
Required Minimum Education:
- Master’s Degree (environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, chemistry or closely related field) and at least 10 years of related experience.
- Health or safety certification.
- Professional registration as an engineer, geologist, or safety expert in the United States.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 10 plus years of related experience with a minimum of five (5)years of site safety and environmental site monitoring experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county. governments, counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants ONLY
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.