Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) in Linthicum, MD, is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal EHS Engineer (Industrial Hygienist) to support occupational health programs at this rapidly expanding semi-conductor manufacturing facility. Full details regarding the position are available here: Principal/Sr. Principal EHS Engineer (Industrial Hygienist) position.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Develops, implements, and maintains occupational health programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Oversees the following occupational health programs: asbestos/lead abatement, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, hazard communication, ventilation, non-ionizing radiation (lasers and radiofrequency), and chemical hygiene plans.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative hazard assessments to include exposure monitoring for physical and chemical agents.
- Completes industrial and office ergonomic evaluations to reduce risk factors that cause musculoskeletal disorders.
- Conducts internal compliance inspections and identifies actions necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and interprets existing and proposed environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations to determine applicability and impact for site.
- Partners with engineers, scientists, and management to support the integration of EHS into the design of new or altered processes and operations and building construction projects.
- Works to continuously improve the culture, awareness and accountability of EHS programs.
- Interfaces with regulatory representatives, senior management, the site EHS Committee, and the Emergency Response, and Crisis Management teams.