Safety Inspector

Oct 28, 2019

Location: Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC Metropolitan Area

Summary:

Manganaro Midatlantic, LLC is currently searching for a hard-working and knowledgeable Safety Professional for the Safety Inspector roll at MMA. The Safety Inspector will report directly to the Safety Director. The Safety Inspector ensures that all workers on all projects have a safe workplace and are following the safety guidelines, procedures, and policies.

Essential Functions:

  1. Have thorough knowledge of safety regulations and company safety policy. Clearly and effectively communicate to Foremen and workforce in field. Interact with Foremen and workers to promote positive safety culture.
  2. Conduct frequent and regular jobsite inspections to ensure safety of workers and subcontractors.
  3. Identify and recommend solutions to hazardous/potentially hazardous situations with Field Managers and Foremen.
  4. Assist with hazard assessment as needed.
  5. Immediately suspend any operation or activity that is Imminent Danger.
  6. Train and educate Foremen and workers as needed.
  7. Investigate accidents and injuries to help determine root causes and find practical solutions.
  8. Collaborate and develop relationships with other Contractors, Safety Professionals, and clients to facilitate a positive and safe work environment.

 

Education, Experience, and Qualifications:

  • B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health or 2 years as a Safety Professional Preferred
  • 3 to 5-years prior commercial construction experience preferred
  • Drug Free
  • Clean driving record
  • Fluency or proficiency in Spanish a major plus
  • Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations
  • Technologically competent (using computers, handheld devices)

 

Working Conditions:

The position requires frequent visits to construction sites. As such, the individual is subject to varying outdoor weather temperatures and conditions. Frequent walking, climbing ladders, etc.

Travel:

Travel is anticipated throughout the week. Hours in the field between multiple jobsite in the Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia Area can be anticipated at approximately 80% of the time. The remaining 20% of the time could be in the office.

Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:

This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8 to 10 core hours. Occasional evenings and possible weekend hours may be required as project conditions demand.

Other Duties:

Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice per the direction of the Director of Safety.

AAP/EEO Statement:

Manganaro Midatlantic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.

Apply by email – cperrine@manganaro.com