- ASP Course
January 21, 2020 - March 19, 2020
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
ASP Review Course – Preparation for the ASP exam
Instructor: Bruce A. Donato, CSP, CHMM, CECD
Date: Tuesdays and Thursdays, January – March 2020
Time: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Sprint Training Center (see address and map below).
Directions: From the Fairfax County Parkway, turn right onto Sunrise Valley Dr. and make a first right into the Sprint complex. The training center is the building on the left. Make the next right into the parking lot and enter through the main doors to check in.
Cost: Early Bird (payment received by January 7, 2020)
Regular (payment received after January 7, 2020)
Reservations: Pay via PayPal or credit card (when checking out using PayPal, scroll down to pick pay by credit card) on our website
Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Review Course
We will be partnering with Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (AHMP) Cyber Chapter to present an ASP Review Course
The course is 13 sessions* typically Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00 PM. (Ideal for people who cannot take a class during the work day. The extended time allows for more problem solving practice with instructor support.)
- The early bird cost is only $425 for Chapter members and $475 for non-members.
- The course will require a minimum number of registrants to assure that it will be conducted.
- Technology permitting, classes will be recorded for students to view on a limited basis with signature of a waiver not to download or distribute.
- An electronic copy of the course notes and annotated sample problems are included in the price.
- CEUs will be issued at the end of the class.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided
Class dates (Classes are from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.):
January 21, 23, 28, and 30
February 4, 6, 11, 13, and 18
March 3, 5, 10, 17, and 19
The course will cover:
- Basic Math Review and use of calculators
- Chemistry & IH Calculations
- Electrical Calculations
- Radiation Calculations
- Structural and Mechanical Calculations
- Engineering Control Calculations
- Physics Calculations
- Financial Principles.
- Performance Metric and Indicators
- Risk Management and Hazard Control Processes
- Management Processes
- Project Management Techniques
- System Safety
- Fleet Safety
- Safety and Compliance Programs
- Fire Protection
- Biological Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Physical Hazards
- Environmental Management
- Training and Education
Bruce Donato is a principal with K & A First Aid and Safety providing safety consulting and emergency preparedness services for many industries. He holds a BSE in Chemical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and has over 35 years of industrial experience. He has worked in the federal government and for chemical, textile, and biotechnology companies including Dupont, Hoechst (pronounced “herkst” Celanese, and Life Technologies. Mr. Donato is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Certified Ergonomics Compliance Director (CECD), Emergency Responder Instructor, and Instructor Trainer for the American Heart Association, and the American Safety Institute. He is also a Zenger-Miller Instructor and trained facilitator. In addition to his safety experience, Mr. Donato has held positions as a design engineer, plant supervisor, research engineer, distribution manager, laboratory supervisor and facilities manager.
Mr. Donato has also been awarded:
- The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (AHMP) Pete Cook Founders Award
- The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Award of Excellence
- The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (AHMP) – Hazardous Materials Manager of the Year
- The Academy of Hazardous Materials Managers (ACHMM – now AHMP) – Friend of the Academy
- Washington Metropolitan Area Construction Safety Association (WMACSA) Construction Safety Professional of the Year
- ASSE-Northern Virginia Chapter – Safety Professional of the Year
- ASSE-National Capital Chapter – Safety Professional of the Year
- AIHA – Potomac Section – Industrial Hygienist of the Year
- ARC – Arlington County – Volunteer of the Year
- National Capital Area Council –Boy Scouts of America – District Award of Merit
Mr. Donato currently holds the following national level positions in Chair of the Board for the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Managers (AHMP) and is the past Chair of the Local Section Council, of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
Venue: Sprint Training Center