Now Accepting Nominations!
Dear NOVA Member,
The ASSP NOVA Chapter is now accepting nominations for NOVA Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) Award for the 2023-2024 ASSP NOVA Chapter year.
Nominate a fellow Chapter member you think has any of the following:
- Exceptional or unique operational aspect of their safety employment
- Demonstrated stellar technical expertise in safety
- Demonstrated outstanding contributions to Chapter activities including committee chair and/or officer and/or demonstrated leadership in establishing, maintaining, and improving Chapter programs
- Provided extraordinary service to members
- Other unique contribution that advanced the safety profession
The nomination submission should include the following items:
- The completed SPY nomination form and/or letter of endorsement from the nominating Member. You may self-nominate or nominate another member.
Click here for a nomination form. or complete the fillable nomination form below.
- A one to three page resume of the nominee’s background.
- A petition that lists in the order obtained the nominee’s achievements. Achievements should be limited to the past 3-5 years.
Please submit your nominations by COB Friday, December 1st, 2023. Nominations are due electronically to email@example.com.
Upon selection of a final candidate, the following items will be required for submitting a Regional SPY Application by the end of January, but are not needed before the December deadline:
- A letter of endorsement from the nominee’s immediate employer supervisor. This should be one page or less.
Additional Information on the Chapter SPY Application Process and criteria can be found here.
Thank you in advance for your participation in nominating a Chapter SPY!
Awards & Honors Committee Chair
Fillable Nomination Form
To all NOVA Chapter members:
Hello, and welcome to the start of the 2023-2024 ASSP NoVA Chapter season! Over the summer, your Board of Directors and Committee Chairs have been meeting and working to provide a schedule of events and meetings to generate increased value for your membership. According to the results provided by our members through the summer survey:
- 85% have a preference to attend in-person meetings (assuming a convenient time/location).
We are VERY EXCITED to hear that most of the respondents would like to attend the meetings. This enables us to garner more interest from speakers who all enjoy a live audience and interactive discussions on their subject of expertise.
We are actively looking for meeting locations across Northern Virginia in order to make meetings more convenient to attend. However, we NEED YOUR HELP! If you have access to a meeting space that can host about 20 or more participants, please reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Contact Us page on our website.
- 75% have a preference for Morning (7a/8a start) or Lunch (12p start) meetings.
You will be seeing most of our meeting start times at 7 a.m./8 a.m. or Noon. Note: this is dependent on speaker availability.
- 55% have a preference for social outings on the weekdays.
We have 2 of these coming up this Month!
1. Evening at the Ballpark: Nationals Game for Charity: Sept. 6th CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
a. 5:30 p.m. start with Food and Beverages located at the Budweiser Brew House Tables and tickets to the 7:05 p.m. game!
b. This was made possible by generous donations from Milwaukee Tool, Magid Glove, and OccuMedX. Let’s show our sponsors we appreciate their support by SHOWING UP and making it a night to remember!
c. All proceeds go to the students of ASSP Region IV to attend this month’s PDC.
2. Annual Charity Golf Tournament: Sept. 21st CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
a. 7:00 a.m. Breakfast/Warm Up; 9:00 a.m. Shotgun Start; Lunch served around 12:30 p.m.
b. Whether you are an avid golfer or just enjoy the outdoors, this is always a great day to enjoy each other’s company.
c. All proceeds go to the ASSP Foundation.
- The most popular topics of interest were: Regulatory Updates, VOSH Updates, IH, and Environmental.
Here is the tentative schedule for this season:
|10/19/23||Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC)|
|11/16/23||Air Quality Index Basics|
|12/14/23||Toys for Tots Bowling|
Your Board of Directors and Program Chairs are working to provide a great season of learning opportunities and camaraderie. We fully encourage all NoVA Chapter members to participate and get the most out of their membership. We hope to see you at our social events this month and at the meetings throughout the year!
Richie Haehn CSP, CHST
Click on the following link for Roles and Responsibilities of the ASSP Chapter Government Affairs Chair.