Want to submit a job for posting on this site? Send it here!
Inspection Experts, Inc. (IEI), a Maryland-based Engineering, Environmental Safety and Health (ESH), and Facilities Management firm, is seeking a Radiation Safety Specialist to provide consulting services at a federal research facility located in Beltsville, MD. A qualified candidate shall have Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Health experience related Radiation and Laser Safety Program.
Radiation Safety Specialist will oversee safety compliance programs related to ionizing and non-ionizing safety programs and conduct stakeholder interactions while assisting the program with regulatory compliance. The specialist shall oversee and conducted surveys on non-ionizing radiation systems including lasers, UV, X-ray, and electromagnetic sources, and other devices falling under the center program.
Specialist will be responsible for conducting a laser hazard analysis for research projects using Class 3B or 4 laser systems or any laser system used outdoors. Specialist will maintain inventory records of laser systems for hazardous lasers (Class 3B and 4) and conduct inspections of Class 3B and 4 laser operations at a minimum annually. Additionally, support tasks may include consultations on electromagnetic and UV/HIL radiation requirements.Read More
The Safety Manager supports the Project Management team by effectively monitoring and executing assigned aspects Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental facility programs. In this role you will be coordinating with every level within our facility management team as well as facility security, customers, and subcontractors to ensure that we provide all services per contract, up to client expectations, and company standards.Read More
See position at the Institute for Bioscience & Biotechnology (IBBR) which is associated with University of Maryland, College Park.
- The position will be based out of IBBR’s facility in Rockville, Maryland. IBBR is a hub for bioscience researchers affiliated with UMCP, UMB, and NIST.
- The job requirements are a little unclear, but the 5-years experience requirement can be lab-based (i.e. not a strictly-based safety professional) as long as the person can point to things they did during that time that related to safety (for instance, helping to manage the lab’s SDS inventory, etc.). Likewise, people will still qualify if they have a degree in other science fields like biology, etc.
- Best consideration date by May 19.
- People can contact Brent Abel with questions about the position at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The link to the position advertisement is the following: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/82271
Transportation Training and Safety Manager
Reston Limousine is a 30-year-old family owned, employee focused passenger
transportation company and the largest in the Washington, DC area. We are growing and
searching for a Transportation Training and Safety Manager at our Sterling, VA location.
The Training and Safety Manager is responsible for promoting the safe and efficient
operations of the fleet; monitoring the everyday practices for DOT compliance; training and
onboarding new employees; maintaining proper documentation and retention; and
overseeing accident and safety issues.