Want to submit a job for posting on this site? Send it here!
Click on the following link to review the job description and to apply.
This position as the Deputy Director for Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) is located in the Force Safety and Occupational Health (FSOH) Directorate, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Readiness (ASD (R)), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD (P&R)). The FSOH Directorate provides advice to the ASD(R) for managing SOH risks that affect the performance and readiness of DoD operations and the safety and well-being of DoD personnel.
Warfel Construction Company is currently looking for an experienced Safety Engineer to join our innovative, safety-focused team. This position will support construction projects near the Winchester, VA office.
Safety is our top priority. We are committed to ensuring that all employees on our jobsites leave work each day in the same condition in which they arrived. The Safety Engineer is expected to exhibit appropriate safety knowledge, and be able to apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of their environmental, health, and safety training.
At Warfel, we consistently go above and beyond OSHA requirements by focusing on prevention techniques, increased training and awareness, and ensuring each employee feels empowered to address safety proactively. A candidate who shares these values, is passionate about safety, and has a desire to work in a positive, team-oriented environment will thrive in this position.
Created in 1999, Power Solutions was founded by and is operated by former electricians in the DC Metro area with 1800 employees and has been named the largest electrical contractor by Washington Business Journal for eight consecutive years. The company is headquartered in Bowie, MD with a satellite office in Ashburn, VA. With Ashburn, being the world’s largest concentration of data centers and currently providing opportunities for growth within Power Solutions. Additionally, with projects in hospitals, laboratories, telecommunications centers, government, and military institutions, among other facilities.
|Key Skills ||Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish successful professional relationships with site workers, project managers, and leadership. Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback. Detail oriented, problem solver, observant, with verbal and written communication skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, investigative skills and previous experience with injury investigations and writing reports. Understanding of federal, and state safety requirements.|
|Experience or Degree Field(s)||Safety management, occupational health and safety, environmental safety, engineering, or electrical.|
|Experience||0 – 5 years|
|Degree Level||Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.|
|Licensure and/or Certifications||CPR/First Aid/AED and BBP Certifications, OSHA 30 required. BCSP and NFPA 70E Certifications a plus.|
- Reports to the Safety Manager and Safety Director
- Act as a liaison between the Company and the customer in all matters concerning environmental health and safety
- Oversee all aspects of a commercial construction project ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety requirements (Federal/State/Local/Company/Client)
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Conduct investigations of any incidents which result in a personal injury, damage to equipment and/or property and near misses that have a potential for serious injury. Investigations shall include Root Cause Analysis
- Assist with incident case management
- Daily safety audits and inspections ensuring work is being conducted in a safe manner
- Oversee subcontractors
- Review activity hazard analysis (AHA) and health & safety plans (HASP) ensuring all hazards are recognized and mitigated
- Conduct orientation for new hires
- Physically able to negotiate the difficult conditions often encountered on job sites. This includes the occasional need to climb steep stairs, ride in scissor lifts and boom lifts, and work in hot and cold environments. Must be capable of obtaining customer and general contractor approval to walk job sites.
- Other duties as assigned
Those interested in are encouraged to apply on our website at:
Minimum requirements: Must have Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene or related field. The qualified candidate shall have two years of Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety and/or Environmental Health experience including customer service and interpersonal skills.
Inspection Experts, Inc. is seeking for a professional Industrial Hygienist to join our
Environmental Department in performing environmental health/industrial hygiene
investigations, studies, and support field activities requested for government customers